Areas of Focus
Beth is a senior trial and appellate counsel with a broad civil litigation practice involving the specialized areas of corporate and commercial litigation, shareholder and partnership disputes and oppression cases, commercial real estate matters, professional discipline and negligence, and administrative and regulatory law.
Beth has extensive experience and expertise acting as counsel on appeals in a wide variety of matters, judicial review applications, and major litigation cases involving complex legal issues.
Beth has appeared as counsel before all levels of court in Manitoba, including the Provincial Court, Court of Queen’s Bench, and Court of Appeal, as well as the Federal Court of Canada and Federal Court of Appeal, and various administrative and regulatory tribunals, including the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Manitoba, The Law Society of Manitoba, Manitoba Securities Commission, Manitoba Judicial Council, ICE Futures Canada, Inc., Manitoba Municipal Board, Manitoba Labour Board, City of Winnipeg Board of Revision, Manitoba Human Rights Commission, College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba, and others.
- Beth is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, Manitoba Bar Association, and Advocates' Society of Manitoba. She regularly lectures and makes presentations on various litigation topics to professionals and business people and to students of the University of Manitoba's Faculty of Law and the Manitoba Bar Admissions Program. She has also participated as a judge for mock appeals and motions for the Faculty of Law.
Publications / Presentations
- Author and Presenter, Officers, Directors and Shareholders: Tracking the Trends, Pitblado Lectures, Law Society of Manitoba
- Author and Presenter, Shareholder Remedies: Litigating the Break-up of the Family Owned Business, Continuing Legal Education, Law Society of Manitoba
- Presenter, Appellate Advocacy and Motion Practice, University of Manitoba, Faculty of Law
- Presenter, Civil Motion Practice, Bar Admission Course, Law Society of Manitoba
- Presenter, Continuing Legal Education Seminars, Law Society of Manitoba
- Presentations on various legal issues for professional and other organizations